We take mission seriously!!!
We at LHPC are committed to the work of our Lord through these active and hands-on mission projects. We celebrate God’s activity in the projects we undertake as we gather to work in the name of Jesus Christ.
Mission is seen within our church walls as we care for each other day-to-day and as special needs surface.
Mission is seen outside our church walls through our commitment to be an active presence in the community through raising funds to help local missions, as well as nationally through disaster relief mission trips.
In our faith community and in our individual lives, responding to God’s call to mission takes all shapes and forms… providing meals to the homeless, visiting shut ins, volunteering in outside organizations that help our community, teaching our children about Jesus Christ… all of these are ways that we put our faith into action through the name of Jesus Christ, reaching out with care and compassion. It is our Call to Mission!
Some of our current mission projects include:
- Waukesha Food Pantry and Menomonee Falls Food Pantry—numerous donations of money and purchased food is collected year-round and donated to Waukesha Food Pantry and the Menomonee Falls Food Pantry
- Larry Under the Bridge – a Divine Intervention Ministry at Tippecanoe Presbyterian – LHPC packs lunches six times a year as part of this homeless ministry in Bay View.
- Hurricane Relief through Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (PDA) – in response to this year’s crush of natural disasters, LHPC donated clean up buckets, hygiene kits, and monetary donations through PDA.
- Interfaith Senior Programs—is a faith-based, community-centered 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization serving Waukesha County, Wisconsin http://www.interfaithwaukesha.org/
- The Heifer Project—an international organization that works with communities to end hunger and poverty and care for the earth. By giving families a hand-up, not just a hand-out, they empower them to turn lives of hunger and poverty into self-reliance and hope. With gifts of livestock and training, Heifer helps families improve their nutrition and generate income in sustainable ways. http://www.heifer.org